Monday 5 July 2010

Am I stupid or something?

So I’ve set this up, well nearly, but how the hell do you set the formatting for the about me section? I’ve tried putting in ‘para’ tags but they aren’t accepted and a ‘break’ tag doesn’t give you any spacing between paragraphs. Why does it have to be so awkward? What on earth happens to people who don’t know any HTML? I only know the basics. Surely the world of blogging isn’t restricted to the technically literate because that’s going to filter out all sorts of people and leave us with geek hell.

I guess this gives a flavour of this blog, there’s going to be a certain amount of irritation about issues of stupidity.

Actually I know bloggs aren't all geek hell so there must be something I'm missing.

Oh and as far as I can see it’s 1175 characters which last time I looked is less than 1200 characters.

3 comments:

  1. I'd also like to change the colour of the background on the 'About Me' column as I like booky background but it's a bit too strong so I need something a tad more opaque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, all is good, multiple break tags are allowed! They just lie to us about how many characters we are allowed so I chopped out some content. You'll never know what's missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could learn how to use these widgets things I could probably remove the links from my profile and put them someweher else.

    ReplyDelete